Saturday, June 26, 2010

On the Prop Hunt...

This last few weeks my main aim is to gather up some new ( not all brand new!) props for using for my head full of ideas for new portrait sessions.


Since I started my photography facebook page, it has become a huge wealth of learning and conversing from fellow photographers around the world. I am really stoked at how sharing the photographers on there are.


Sharing tips and actions, textures and places to check out. Its amazing how those who are so talented are happy and safe within themselves to help out the "little people" still learning, and share what they have learnt and tried, right down to lenses, shortcuts, lighting and post production.
there are so many that I am i awe of, too many to mention! But I love the community spirit.
On that note it has re-stirred my love for portraits ( as at present all my photography is sports based). My aim is to get organised with the fresh ideas ( my head is overflowing and I cant sleep !!) i want to try out. So my local st vinnies opportunity shop and ebay and etsy are my new haunts..
This was my first buy.. $5

It was very tragic, it had a green vinyl on the seat and when I took it off, well it wasn't really a footstool but a hacked together mishmash of wood offcuts !

a trip to spotlight to get some pretty fabric, and some foam and a lick of paint. Not too bad for such an unloved bit of wood!!!

So now I have a few more old things that need a bit ( well a lot) of TLC. Will post as I conquer them !!

Next is the antique childrens table and chairs I picked up from ebay for $28 !! Its going to be a bit of a challenge, and I think the table top will have to be replaced... oh well.... bring it on !!

No comments:

Post a Comment